Jim Pearson Snr commenced his association with road transport in 1952 when he purchased the Caltex service station at Marks Point, which is south of Newcastle. He opened 24 hours per day. Many owner-drivers and trucking companies became customers and friends including Tom and Peter Lindsay. At that time Lindsay Bros Transport operated three Ford table-tops carting produce from Coffs Harbour to Sydney.
By 1956 Jim had two transport companies. One was Lake Macquarie Freighters, which operated interstate, and was later sold to become R&H Transport. The intrastate business was Macquarie Transport also sold to Toll, when it was owned by National Minerals.
Read full article: http://www.roadtransporthall.com/p/422-06-pearson-jim.html